The information below is meant as a guideline, not a gate. If the description resonates with you on any level, please don’t let something we’ve listed (or didn't list!) prevent you from applying.
After all, the worst that happens is we go in a different direction. The best that happens is you end up with a new job that you love! ❤️
Expected education experience: High school diploma or GED and above
Compensation: $20 an hour
Position: 20 to 40 hours per week (depending on availability / experience / interest)
- Paid mental health and physical health days
- Paid holidays
- Paid vacation (2 weeks+)
- Monthly paid volunteer hours
- Health, dental and vision insurance (company pays 75% of premiums)
- Short-term and long-term disability insurance (company pays 100% of premiums)
- 6 weeks' paid leave for birth, adoption and medical caregiving
- 401k with company match
- Friendly, relaxed work environment with emphasis on work/life balance
Ten Forward Consulting is growing and needs help with business administration, research, entry-level management, corporate operations, minor HR tasks, and more. Our small software agency in downtown Madison crafts custom software for clients of all sizes across many industries, both locally and nationwide, with a focus on local startups and organizations with a social good component.
Learn first-hand about what it takes to run a business by working side by side with the executive team on a wide variety of internal, client-facing, and employee-facing tasks. This is an entry-level management position that will be challenging but fulfilling, and will provide a clear path for growth. We're looking for someone who is eager to help a growing company with a great culture!
Just to be clear: We don't care if you've attended any college (or what you studied while there).
When mask orders are in place locally in Dane County, our team operates remotely; when the mask order is lifted, we anticipate this being a primarily on-site position at our downtown office.
Responsibilities will include:
- Enthusiastically working on a wide variety of tasks (but NEVER fetching coffee 😉)
- Actively participating in a variety of meetings (both internal and with clients) by taking meeting notes and quickly and efficiently translating those into to-do tasks and scheduled action items
- Helping the executive team communicate, research, prepare, and execute on tasks, such as applying to conferences, sending invoices, planning events post-pandemic in the office, getting cards for staff birthdays, etc.
- Managing schedules, follow-ups and other activities as they relate directly to the business operations (we primarily use Google Calendar)
- Preparing slides and materials for meetings
- Performing basic social media tasks
- Writing and developing product email newsletters
- Managing inventory of company equipment and coordinate with staff to ensure equipment needs are being met
- Assisting with vendor and hiring screening
When the team is back in the office after mask orders have been lifted locally, duties will likely also include:
- Watering plants
- Snack and beverage management
- Mail handling
- Standard office management tasks
Some other attributes
- You're open-minded and accepting, and enjoy working with a diverse group of professionals from varied backgrounds.
- You recognize what you do and don't know, and aren't afraid to ask for help when you get stuck.
- You're curious, self-motivated, and eager to learn.
- You have excellent written communication (email and other long-form documents)
- You pay attention to details, and rarely need to be told anything twice. You love learning new things but you don't automatically assume new == better.
- You care about the work you do and take pride in your professional relationships.
- You value follow-through and getting things "capital-D" done.