Business Development Representative
The information below is meant as a guideline, not a gate. If the description resonates with you on any level, please don’t let something we’ve listed (or didn't list!) prevent you from applying.
After all, the worst that happens is we go in a different direction. The best that happens is you end up with a new job that you love! ❤️
Expected professional sales experience: 2 to 4 years; software sales experience is a plus
Expected education experience: High school diploma / GED and above
Compensation: Base salary, commission and year-end bonus is expected to reach $100,000 to $125,000-plus
- Paid mental, emotional and physical health days
- Paid holidays
- Paid vacation (minimum of 2 weeks)
- Monthly paid volunteer hours
- Health, dental and vision insurance (company pays 75% of premiums)
- Short-term and long-term disability insurance (company pays 100% of premiums)
- 6 weeks' paid leave for birth, adoption and medical caregiving
- 401k with company match
- Friendly, relaxed work environment with emphasis on work / life balance
This role will focus on developing new commercial B2B accounts, as well as maintaining and growing existing client relationships. Our business development strategy has been heavily referral-based in the past, but we're looking to sustainably grow the company and explore new opportunities. We believe in building relationships, and seek to collaborate with clients to ensure both parties are happy and successful.
Our team is focused on outcomes, not hours; we offer flexible schedules and a community-centered atmosphere. Our team is fully vaccinated and boosted against covid-19, and for everyone's health, it's a requirement to work at our company. We're looking for folks living in Madison, WI or willing to relocate. This is a full-time position (40 hours max).
Just to be clear: We don't care what you studied in college (or if you went at all!).
Key responsibilities will include:
- Enthusiastically collaborating with our team
- Attaining annual new and existing sales goals based on standards set by Ten Forward Consulting each year
- Attending weekly sales meetings and preparing the following:
- Weekly call activity
- Progress against monthly, quarterly, and annual sales goals
- “Successes” and “obstacles” from previous weeks
- Key initiatives and client opportunities
- Goals for the upcoming week
- Maintaining, nurturing and growing new client relationships (with the support of the team at-large)
- Making 3 to 4 prospect calls each week to identify new business opportunities with new clients
- Developing a pipeline of business equivalent to 3 to 4 times annual quota through pursuit of self-generated opportunities, networking, and referrals
- Having an average of no less than one “advancement” meeting each week
- Entering all existing and new account activity into our CRM within 48 hours, and maintaining all customer data, sales activity and forecasts in the CRM system
- Focus on understanding the fit between client needs and firm’s capabilities, and creating value propositions that meet the customer's needs
- Designing and delivering high impact presentations that show our unique differentiators
- Creating and building relationships with key referral partners.
- Representing Ten Forward Consulting at local events and meetings
- Gathering and sharing competitive data
Some other attributes
- You're open-minded and accepting, and enjoy working with a diverse group of professionals from varied backgrounds.
- You have a demonstrated record of quota attainment.
- You want to work in an environment that rewards results and dedication, and maintains high ethical standards
- You're a self-starter, able to successfully operate with limited management supervision
- You have an outgoing personality, and can develop a network of referral partners to facilitate growth
- You're able to clearly articulate business value that customers will derive from utilizing a custom development shop
- You have excellent presentation, communication, interpersonal and consulting skills