Mid-Level Software Developer
The information below is meant as a guideline, not a gate. If the description resonates with you on any level, please don’t let something we’ve listed (or didn't list!) prevent you from applying.
After all, the worst that happens is we go in a different direction. The best that happens is you end up with a new job that you love! ❤️
Expected web coding experience (self-taught, educational or professional): Two to six years
Expected education experience: High school diploma / GED and above
Position: Full-time salaried
Salary range: $55,000 to $80,000
- Paid mental health and physical health days
- Paid holidays
- Paid vacation (2 weeks+)
- Monthly paid volunteer hours
- Health, dental and vision insurance (company pays 75% of premiums)
- Short-term and long-term disability insurance (company pays 100% of premiums)
- 6 weeks' paid leave for birth, adoption and medical caregiving
- 401k with company match
- Friendly, relaxed work environment with emphasis on work / life balance
Our team is focused on outcomes, not hours; we offer flexible schedules and a community-centered atmosphere. Currently, everyone is full-time remote; when it's safe for the team to do so again, we'll be working primarily out of our downtown offices (with built-in work-from-home and remote guidelines based on role). This is a full-time position (40 hours max).
Just to be clear: We don't care what you studied in college (or if you went at all!).
Responsibilities will include:
- Debugging, fixing and communicating issues for multiple clients
- Enthusiastically pairing with other developers (with both more and less experience than you)
- Creating custom software for a variety of projects in an agile environment
Some other attributes
- You're open-minded and accepting, and enjoy working with a diverse group of professionals from varied backgrounds.
- You have enough experience to have developed opinions about things like documentation, source control systems, and development environments.
- You'd rather spend 2 hours writing a script to automate something that can be used over and over than spend 20 minutes doing it manually.
- You don't feel challenged working with the same codebase day in and day out, and want fresh problems to explore.
- You can write SQL queries. You have a favorite programming language, and have experience with a language like Ruby or Python, even if you were trained on Java or C#.
- You're comfortable with CSS, but maybe you use SASS or LESS nowadays.
- You've written software for mobile devices (responsive web applications count!), and you understand the challenges of writing software for many different platforms.
- You’re comfortable using open source software, and you think it’s awesome that people give away code that’s so incredibly useful. Maybe you've contributed to open source software yourself, or are looking to contribute.
- You pay attention to details, and rarely need to be told anything twice. You love learning new things but you don't automatically assume new == better.
- You're motivated to create the best software you can, and irritated when forced to use software you know you could fix if you could only get under the hood.