Junior Software Developer
The information below is meant as a guideline, not a gate. If the description resonates with you on any level, please don’t let something we’ve listed (or didn't list!) prevent you from applying.
After all, the worst that happens is we go in a different direction. The best that happens is you end up with a new job that you love! ❤️
Expected experience: Three months to two years (including bootcamp or training program, if applicable)
Salary range: $35,000 to $65,000
Our team is focused on outcomes, not hours; we offer flexible schedules, and most of our team members work from home one or two days a week. We're looking for folks living Madison, WI or willing to relocate. This is a full-time position (40 hours max).
Just to be clear: We don't care what you studied in college (or if you went at all).
Responsibilities will include:
- Debugging, fixing and communicating issues for multiple clients
- Enthusiastically pairing with other developers (with both more and less experience than you)
- Creating custom software for a variety of projects in an agile environment
Some other attributes
- You're open-minded and accepting, and enjoy working with a diverse group of professionals from varied backgrounds.
- You recognize what you do and don't know, and aren't afraid to ask for help when you get stuck.
- You're curious, self-motivated, and eager to learn.
- You pay attention to details, and rarely need to be told anything twice. You love learning new things but you don't automatically assume new == better.
- You're motivated to create the best software you can, and irritated when forced to use software you know you could fix if you could only get under the hood.