Junior Software Developer
The information below is meant as a guideline, not a gate. If the description resonates with you on any level, please don’t let something we’ve listed (or didn't list!) prevent you from applying.
After all, the worst that happens is we go in a different direction. The best that happens is you end up with a new job that you love! ❤️
Expected web coding experience (self-taught, educational or professional): Three months to two years
Expected education experience: High school diploma / GED and above
Position: Full-time salaried
Salary range: $45,000 to $65,000
- Paid mental health and physical health days
- Paid holidays
- Paid vacation (2 weeks+)
- Monthly paid volunteer hours
- Health, dental and vision insurance (company pays 75% of premiums)
- Short-term and long-term disability insurance (company pays 100% of premiums)
- 6 weeks' paid leave for birth, adoption and medical caregiving
- 401k with company match
- Friendly, relaxed work environment with emphasis on work/life balance
Our team is focused on outcomes, not hours; we offer flexible schedules and a community-centered atmosphere. Currently, everyone is full-time remote; when it's safe for the team to do so again, we'll be working primarily out of our downtown offices (with built-in work-from-home and remote guidelines based on role). We're looking for folks living in Madison, WI or willing to relocate. This is a full-time position (40 hours max).
Just to be clear: We don't care what you studied in college (or if you went at all!).
Responsibilities will include:
- Creating custom software for a variety of projects in an agile environment
- Enthusiastically pairing with other developers (with both more and less experience than you)
- Debugging, fixing and communicating issues for multiple clients in a collaborative fashion
Some other attributes
- You're open-minded and accepting, and enjoy working with a diverse group of professionals from varied backgrounds.
- You recognize what you do and don't know, and aren't afraid to ask for help when you get stuck.
- You're curious, self-motivated, and eager to learn.
- You pay attention to details, and rarely need to be told anything twice. You love learning new things but you don't automatically assume new == better.