Careers @ Ten Forward
Visual / UI Designer
Ten Forward Consulting, Inc. is looking for a full-time visual / UI designer for internal work and client projects. This is a full-time, hourly, on-site position at our office in Madison, WI.
We encourage people of all backgrounds to apply.
- Job Type: Full-time
- Salary: Hourly, based on experience
- Job Location: Madison, WI 53719 (non-remote, on-site position)
- Required Education: High school or equivalent
- Required Experience: 1+ year design for software (web, mobile, UI, etc)
What we're looking for:
- Ability to work directly with clients, gather requirements, make informed suggestions, and plan and execute design projects
- A solid understanding of web practices and browser capabilities, and a desire to stay current on trends in web design
- A thorough understanding of the conventions and limitations of designing for web (ie. the difference between web and print, experience with responsive design)
- Mobile (web and/or app) design experience
- Proficiency with design tools, such as: Photoshop, Illustrator, Sketch, and/or Fireworks
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Proficiency with verbal and written communication
- A desire for continued education, both self-guided and more formally structured
- Experience with, or a desire to learn, UX would be a bonus, but is not required for this position
Why work with Ten Forward?
- A supportive, flexible, collaborative work environment, with a focus on work-life balance
- 401k with matching
- Health insurance and sick days
- Paid vacation & holidays
- Bus Pass
- Up-to-date code of conduct
- Ongoing guidance and two-way feedback
- Continuing education budget
- Community involvement - we sponsor meetups (including Madison Women in Tech), hackathons, and coworking facilities.
- Shower facilities for bike commuters
- Excellent snacks
- Monthly pizza party, monthly board game night